or because i try to do too much!
1. Test: I added a few points back to everyone's test due to some unfair/poorly written questions; your grades have been adjusted.
2. Remember: I canceled the MAP quiz on MONDAY. We'll figure out map quizzes after the potential break....
3. Speaking of the potential break; if you need help with any homework while I'm away, please email email@example.com with the subject: Orlando/Hubbard. She is my BFF and has agreed to field questions from you and help you with you "break" homework.
3. HOMEWORK: always check the assignments button, but, since we were so scrambled, here it is again
- Projections FRQ: finish writing and GRADE it. this is practice. It is ok if you missed something. The goal is to identify which parts (directive words? vocab?) of the FRQ may be causing you trouble
- Population KIS (Key Issues): there are 4 key issues total. Key Issue 1 is due Monday 10/3. Key Issues 2-4 are due Thursday 10/6
- Migration KIS (Key Issues): "due" October 11
5. You work better together! Create study groups and meet once a week outside of class-borrow my review books and quiz each other! Or get one of the many apps I recommended and play against each other. Get together before tests and help each other out-you guys can explain things to each other sometimes better than I can!
6. Speaking of review books...I feel like you guys have a good handle on the class concepts. BUT the questions and wordings of the questions may be difficult. Take practice quizzes online or using apps, get/borrow a review book to practice reading questions related to the course content and using college-level academic vocab.
This class is not "easy." It is not an honors course, it is a college course. As such, late work and constantly missing deadlines or classes cannot be accepted. We are working towards May 12th and as we have discussed, we have to move together quickly. That being said, I'm more than HAPPY to help you if you feel you need more support. Remember, I devote most of Monday to stay as late as 6PM. Just let me know if you're coming. You should be reviewing your notes EVERY NIGHT. Even if you have homework, reread the notes you took in class. You may realized you have question or didn't understand a concept fully. Reviewing YOUR CLASS NOTES and KEY ISSUES together each night will allow for a greater depth of understanding. I know this is a hard habit to form, but I swear it will reward you in the end.