Where's Matt: ESPeN and Map Creation
DUE: Monday 9/15/14
1. Go to this page and watch the 'Where's Matt' video. As you watch, fill in an ESPeN (we have extra in the classroom OR you can make your own) that details the economic, social, political and environmental observations you see while watching the video.
2. Watch the video again! This time, make a LIST of all the places Matt visited.
3. Print out a world map with political lines. You will need to label and shade in each place Matt visited.
- If he he mentions a town, city, or landmark, find the absolute location (you can Google them) and LABEL that PLACE on the map.
- Note: Please categorize the countries as MDC or LDC and include a key that lets me know which color stands for which term.
4. Now, using the notes I gave you in class on "Characteristics of LDC v MDC" DRAW and LABEL THE BRANDT LINE.
5. Attach a piece of paper that answers the following questions
- What is the Brandt Line? How can you "see" it in Matt's travels?
- Make a comparison list of the MDC and LDC you see in Matt's vidoes...come up with 5-7 characteristics of each (you can look at culture, dress, food, age of population, locations visited, etc.) Try to make observations that address key HUG concepts and that tie back to the note sheet I provided you with....MAKE SURE YOUR CHARACTERISTICS can tie back to the video.
- What are potential drawbacks of creating a list of characteristics using only this video?