- You need to look up the populations of the towns around Paris. Create a chart with the names of the towns, how far they are (distance) from Paris, the amount of commuters (flows inside the Paris region).
- Then evaluate the gravity model. Does it hold true? Do larger places have larger gravitational pulls? How do you see this in the Paris Basin region?
CyberGeo-the "Paris Basin": the article that goes with the map! (This could help identify the names of the towns)
Use the map above (and you canGoogle others if you need help reading the names of towns) to answer the following questions:
1. How does this map represent a functional region? Explain
2. How does this map represent accessibility and connectivity?
3. How does this map represent the gravity model?
TODAY IN CLASS.....
Ms. O: Teacher, geographer-in-training, mom to Penny and Duckie, lover of books, addicted to the news, wanting to make people more involved, caring and responsible