For tomorrow, we are FINALLY having out in class discussion. You should think of evidence and specifics from...
Journey of a T-Shirt
Development Theories Lecture
Women: The Critical Link
For tomorrow, we are FINALLY having out in class discussion. You should think of evidence and specifics from..
Questions to prepare
1. How can LDCs develop? Can they ever "catch up"? Explain
2. Is the exploitation of resources and people (labor) in LDC's a necessary evil? Explain
3. What ethical concerns, if any, are related to this global uneven development? Explain.
4. Do corporations, especially those that operate transnationally, have a responsibility to create safe workplaces for their employees?Explain.
5. Do transnational corporations do more harm than good in LDCs? Explain.
6. Should consumers care about the factory workers or farmers in LDCs (re: work conditions, fair wages, exposure to chemicals, pollution of local areas)? Explain.
7. Agree or disagree: some places will never be developed because their status as periphery or LDC ore pre-takeoff is just too beneficial or the core countries. Explain.
8. Tourism is a productive and safe route to take when developing. Explain.
9. Structural adjustment loads are beneficial and reliable options for developing countries. Explain.
10. The exploitation of children, when it comes to developing and raising GDP, is reasonable in sub-saharan Africa.Explain.
11. Women will consistently face discrimination in the workforce-MDC or LDC-and educating THEM is the solution to development. Explain.