1. What are Ravientstein's laws of migration? LIST each.
2. For each of the 5 laws of migration, give an example of a migration that followed that law (you can use your Matrix to help you)
3. How are the migrations of Cuban-immigrants and the migrations of Mexican-immigrants treated differently by the US government? HOW do you feel about this? What do you think is the cause of the different status?
4. Why do you think Americans have historically been so xenophobic?
5. What is selective immigration and how has it been illustrated in US immigration laws (see book!)?
PowerPoint: Ravenstein's Law of Migration
Intro to Migration with Cuba/Mexico Case Study (what we were discussing in class-see below)