We discussed the DTM and population pyramids in class Thursday. Friday, you watched the world in balance video. TONIGHT I want you to follow this link:
and complete the interactice quiz! DUE MONDAY, IN CLASS, ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF PAPER (DO NOT LEAVE COMMENTS BELOW!)
BEFORE you begin, you will be ANSWERING questions related to India, Japan, the US and Kenya. THINK about your prior knowledge before you begin.
1. RECORD you answers, mark them wrong and then explain the CORRECT ANSWER.
2. SUMMARIZE the information given to you in the box to the left...so for the first one, summarize the notes given to you related to TFR.
3. Choose one of the interactices (TFR, IMR, Life Expectancy, etc.) and EXPLAIN the results in depth; use your knowledge of the DTM to explain the figures you are seeing (ex. Japan must be in stage ______ because their ration from young to old.....)
4. Choose one of the countries:India, Japan, the US or Kenya and ANALYZE population pyramids. Instructions below...
Create a Population Pyramid Activity:
To be completed on your own and turned in on a separate sheet of paper with the answers to the interactive quiz above.
From the Website below, find and print 4 population pyramids: 1 of a MDC-either Japan or US, 1 of a Latin American country, 1 of India and 1 of Kenya. Answer the four questions below about the population pyramids from each region of the world. Then complete the follow-up questions to complete the activity.
1. Describe the growth rates of each country supported by pyramid.
2. Find abnormalities if they exist and hypothesize why
3. Based on the pyramid, describe conditions in the country that create the pyramid shape and potential issues that may be present
4. What does the future look like?
Do the pyramids that you have chosen support the regional population patterns expressed in class? Why or Why not?